Building on site
The High Tech Park assists technology businesses that choose to establish themselves in the Park. Help is available both in acquiring the land and in constructing your facility. We ensure that the transaction goes smoothly and that it becomes a joint effort between all parties. For example:
- elaborating possible subdivisions in order to meet the needs of the purchaser;
- rapid analysis of construction plans that must be approved by the park;
- efficient assistance in obtaining building permits from the city;
- assistance in dealing with service suppliers (telecom, gas, electricity , etc.);
- possibility of examining the option of pre-construction land possession in order to expedite the project.
Are you eligible?
The High Tech Park gives priority to innovative companies and research centers that are implementing or using advanced techniques, technologies or processes and / or devote a significant part of their business to research and development. Consulting firms whose activities are principally directed toward technical support for technology companies are also eligible.
The selection process is based on eligibility policies designed to maintain the specialization of the area and to foster a community with common motives and similar profiles in order to promote meetings, exchanges, cooperation …and innovation.
For additional details on eligibility consult the following document in PDF.
The interactive tool that is available for downloading will permit you to visit the High Tech Park and the Innoparc in 3D and will allow you to view, in detail, the lots available for construction.
Installation, Building, and Landscaping Standards
Technology parks are known for their contribution to the creation of a distinctive and attractive living environment. This, in turn, encourages the growth of research centers and technology businesses established there. The eligibility policies for businesses as well as the installation, building, and landscaping standards, relative to each of the sites associated with the Québec Metro High Tech Park, are instrumental in ensuring the creation of a quality environment.
For additional information on installation standards relative to each of our sites (Québec or Lévis), please contact us.
In order to support and encourage businesses to “ build green “, the High Tech Park has developed an innovative guide (Guide d’information et de référence pour la construction de bâtiments verts). Besides the guide itself, the business will be able to take advantage of expertise provided by the Park as well as a broad network of “ green building “ professionals.
Among the advantages in building green are the following:
- important energy consumption reduction from 25 to 50 %;
- increased protection of ecosystems and a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs);
- productivity increase from 5 to 15% (better lighting and ventilation, natural lighting);
- lower maintenance costs, less toxic, more flexible and durable;
- Water consumption reduction from 30 to 50 %;
- Cost reduction related to waste from 50 to 90 %.